Friday, February 12, 2016

Lenten Fail



This is me...failing at my Lenten fast 3 days in. Yup, it's true. I have thrown in the towel. 

I'd given up coffee for Lent before and I thought that I could do it again. However, there is one really big difference: I now have a son! A two year old as a matter of fact!

Richard still co-sleeps with us, and most nights he sleeps very well. But this week he has been awake from about 2am-5am three out of the past five nights. As he was tossing and turning last night, I was staring up at the ceiling thinking to myself, "I am definitely going to need coffee in the morning or else I am going to bite someones head off and lose my job"

So, what am I going to do now? I have been complaining about my prayer life recently, and I think now is the time to focus on that. I am going to make a conscious effort to pray every day, even if it's just a Hail Mary. I am also doing the meditations based on Saint Therese of Lisieux. I think it is early enough to salvage Lent and still make it meaningful and fulfilling. 

How is Lent treating you so far?

2 comments:

  1. So far so good here. I gave up soda and vowed to read my bible and reflect. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Don't let this se Gotback ruin the rest of Lent -- just start over and keep your chin up! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete