Monday, October 12, 2015

Loving the Lamb Stew!

I love stews and soups, which is a big reason why I love autumn. I love being able to make big batches of soups that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Add that to curling up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate and I can have a perfect day…as long as my toddler takes a nice long nap.

I made lamb stew for the first time this past weekend. I’m going to share the very simple recipe that I used to whip it up. I’m not much for measurements so don’t expect them. I just kinda throw it all together and it always turns out great.

I used:
1 package (1lb) of cubed lamb meat from Wegmans (though I wish I had two packages instead of one)
1 jar of pearl onions
1 box of beef stock
A few chopped baby carrots
1 can of peas
1 can of tomato paste
Some garlic
A bunch of cubed potatoes
Make sure you have some corn starch, flour, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, and bacon on hand.

I started by throwing the broth, carrots, potatoes, garlic and peas in the pot to start to cook. I then cut the lamb cubes into smaller pieces and coated them in the flour/salt/pepper mixture in a Ziploc bag. I cooked a couple of pieces of bacon to get some good bacon grease then browned the lamb in the grease before throwing them into the soup pot as well.

After it cooks a little you can thicken it up using a little bit of corn starch.



Now, I am not a gourmet chef or anything, but the stew can out great and the hubby and I loved it. I just wish I could have added more meat to it, but one pack of cubed lamb was all I had on hand. Next time I make it I will definitely use two. 

You can eat it as is or serve it on top of mashed potatoes or rice. I will be making this again sometime very soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment