Monday, November 30, 2015

Advent Resolutions


The first Sunday of Advent is the mark of a new liturgical year. For the past few years I have made resolutions, similar to New Years resolutions but more spiritual in nature. I have never been successful in keeping my resolutions. 

I think that I give myself too much to strive for and as a result I fail. One year I resolved to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy every day. Things were going well in the beginning, then it kept slipping my mind. 

This year, I'm going to try to keep it a little more simple. I am going to read The Imitation of Christ and I am going to give myself a year to do it. I am also going to make sure I go to confession at least once during Advent. 

I have read parts of the Imitation of Christ and it is not a difficult read, but it is very spiritually fulfilling. I hope that this is a resolution that I can finally stick to! It is also a desire of mine to share with you all any inspirations that this book sparks within me! 

Have you tried making any Advent resolutions? This may be your years to start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment